LEGAL COUNSEL PARTNER
Walkers & Hill, is a legal-advisory and counselling corporation, plays an essential role in the formulation and implementation of the strategy of Corpous Capital investments and relating commercial and legitimate affairs, and critical relationships among the stakeholders therein.
The advice and counsel the company provides to all areas of the firm is critical to maintaining the commitments to Corpous Capital at focused sense, and all other clients, regulators, and shareholders and to promoting the corporate culture of excellence and integrity. W&H’s goal is to provide legal advice that protects the firm’s itself and Corpous’s financial well-being and reputation, and assists various businesses in evaluating the risks associated with completing transactions and other activities.
Walkers & Hill is organized into practice areas that either directly support a specific business or more broadly support the activities of the entire firm and of Corpous in specific. This includes some expertise teams for the following practice areas:
The Business Intelligence Team provides research and due diligence focused on legal, regulatory, financial and reputational risk to the firm’s businesses and committees worldwide.
• The Contracts, Technology, Privacy and Intellectual Property Team provides legal support for vendor agreements, privacy issues and technology and intellectual property matters.
• The Employment Law Team provides counselling, supervises employee-related litigation and supports initiatives that impact the firm’s employees and contingent workers.
• Finance Legal and Corporate Governance Legal provide legal support for The Corpous Capital Group. These areas assist with financing, prepare required legal filings and support the development and implementation of corporate governance practices.
• Investment Banking Legal supports the Investment Banking Division by structuring, negotiating and executing financing transactions for clients, and by drafting documents associated with merger and acquisition activity.
• Investment Management Division Legal provides legal, regulatory, reputational and transactional advice to our Private Wealth Management and Corpous Capital Asset Management teams.
• The Litigation and Regulatory Proceedings Team oversees and handles litigation, arbitration, regulatory and other proceedings that involve Corpous Capital Group, its affiliates or their employees, as well as other matters in connection with proceedings in which the firm is not a party.
• Merchant Banking Legal provides legal, regulatory, reputational and transactional advice to the Merchant Banking business and also supports certain other principal investing groups across the firm.
• Securities Legal supports our equity and fixed income marketing, structuring, and trading business units and related compliance teams.